Sunday, January 6, 2008

Avenue.com Sucks!

Avenue.com is giving prominent billing to its line of premium/designer denim, which includes jeans by Seven7 (not 7 For All Mankind, different company), Jordache, Antik, and Yanuk. It started advertising the Yanuk and Antik lines about a month ago. I decided to give the Yanuks a try, since there was a sale running at that time.

I ordered the jeans and I get a note saying there was delay in getting the items from the manufacturer and that the jeans will be shipped December 12. Then I get another e-mail saying it will be shipped on December 14, with a promise of more notices if shipping is delayed any further. I didn't receive any more e-mails, so I assumed my order was shipped on December 14.

I waited 7 business days and when nothing came, I contacted Avenue.com's customer service. The reply I got said that shipping was delayed until January 4. I sent an e-mail back, pointing out the jeans were prominently featured on the website with no indication they were not yet available and that I didn't receive any notice about further delays in shipping. The reply I got was apologetic, saying there was no intent to deceive anyone.

Just now I read on the Curvy Chick board that someone else tried to order the jeans online and this time got a message that they won't ship now until January 16! Did I get notice of this? Nope! But Avenue keeps clogging my inbox with advertising and crap even though I left any requests for e-mails and promo stuff unchecked on my order form!

At least Avenue won't take any new orders until the items are in stock but I really wonder what the heck is going on. I understand that this is a common MO for them. Perhaps they advertised this in December to boost Christmas sales numbers (even though they do not charge you if they don't ship anything). Or perhaps they did get the items and they were subpar in quality, which would be bad because they are expensive. Whatever the case, a company that is so sloppy about keeping its customers informed and offers things for sale it doesn't have in stock sucks. They're lucky I haven't cancelled this order...yet. But it is definitely the last time I will order from them.

Beware!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Greenfairie,

I am the copywriter/blogger at Avenue.com. I am so sorry to hear about your Avenue experience. The President of Avenue.com wanted me to contact you for your specific order information so that we can track down your merch and give you some well deserved A-list customer service.

Please contact me with your info at rweitzman@gmail.com or call me at 201 845 2519. Again, we are so sorry for your troubles and do not want you to get a sour taste in your mouth from Avenue.com.

Unknown said...

Oops! My email address is rweitzman@unitedretail.com

SORRY!

lazypadawan said...

Thanks for the info. I will definitely contact you.