Sunday, July 1, 2007

Defining where this is all going

Sorry I haven't posted in a while! Vacations and other things have taken up my time. Anyway, now I'm back and I plan to post more frequently.

Reading around on some other blogs and stuff, I think that perhaps I need to let readers know what territory I'm covering and what I'm not.

This isn't going to be a fashion blog per se. I'm not a fashion expert. I understand the cycle/symbiosis between couture and the street/popular culture. I know a bit about the retail side of things. But since I'm guessing most of you are not Saudi princesses, trophy wives, movie stars, or socialites and I'm not either, I am not going to discuss haute couture. I probably won't even go into fashion shows. There are tons of sites written by people who know what they are talking about in that world. And besides, most of those houses normally do not go above a size 8 or 10 for their haute couture lines.

This is going to about everyday issues, not the fantasy world sold by the media where nobody really looks like you or me. I'm keeping it practical and keeping it real.

No comments: