Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Libertine For Target

The latest in Target's popular GO International line, Libertine, debuted on Sunday. The line seems to be best described as the love child of goth and preppy, as exemplified by items that have cute little whales and little skulls on them or the argyle vest sweater with skulls.

This is actually my favorite of the GO International lines so far, probably because Libertine is close to my personal style. Some people have reported the dresses running small, but I bought a very cool tea-stained top with all of these graphics on it in a Large and it fit true-to-size. The downside seems to be that the skirts and shorts have hemlines waaay up there. A couple of those shorts look like they'd get the wearer arrested if she didn't have anything on underneath. I imagine that like the rest of the GO International stuff, the bottoms run in smallish, junior sizes.

I love the accessories. The bucket hat is adorable (bought one) and the long scarves are quite pretty (bought one too). If I was in the market for a carry-all or overnight bag, I'd would have bought the whale/skull duffle bag too.

Update: I broke down and got the striped blouse with the bow too; very cute!

1 comment:

Britten said...

Oh, that striped blouse with the bow is soooo cute! Go you!

It's a great line of clothing. Target just keeps getting better.