Sunday, July 8, 2007

Why Do They Make Short Shorts In A 16?

Sometimes the fashion industry sets us gals up as suckers. Such as when they make Daisy Dukes or micro mini skirts in larger sizes.

Chances are if you need to wear a 14 on up, it's not because you have unusually long legs. Some women don't mind showing off generous thighs or calves and as long as they're still in good shape, I suppose it's all right. But if there's a little too much jiggle or dimples, I just don't think it's a good idea at all. Yet there they are on the racks trying to trick the unwary into embarrassing themselves. The same goes for tops obviously not designed to be flattering on women with tummies or generous cleavage.

Sometimes you have just ignore the fact they make stuff in your size and pay attention as to whether or not it's actually flattering on your body. I stay away from anything with that horrible stretchy jersey-on-steroids fabric, even if it comes in a plus size, because I know that fabric sticks like glue to my thighs and stomach in way that looks awful. I have not worn any short shorts since I was a size 12 and even then, I probably shouldn't have worn them. Micro minis? Not since I was in college and even then I wore leggings with them.

So this summer, don't fall for the trap, ladies! Go with what looks good.

No comments: