Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Review: GO International Alice Temperley for Target


The latest GO International line debuted at Target on Sunday, this time from red hot Brit designer Alice Temperley.

From what I saw--and it's not everything in her line--most of it looks a little too small and youngish for me. I really had wanted the sailor pants but even its size 13s looked waay too small.

But there was something on the racks that grabbed my eye...the ruffle front blouse in gray.

Normally, I'm not a frou-frou kind of gal but this blouse was a stunner. I'm no fashion expert but I know good design when I see it. It's close to what you'd find in the high-priced line, Temperley London. The great thing about the blouse is that you can wear it to work, wear it to a party, make it casual with skinny pants, modernize it with a sleek pencil skirt, or go all gothic lolita with a short skirt, striped hose, and stacked lace-up shoes.

Oh and it's 30 bucks.

I bought one in XL and it fit perfectly. I have a feeling that everything in this line runs small, so purchase accordingly.

2 comments:

pteilman said...

I bought the navy lace-inset tank, the black thermal babydoll dress (I wear it as a top) and the blue melton jacket. This particular GO line seems to run smaller than the others. I loved that sheer cream blouse, but an XL way way too small.

lazypadawan said...

That's the unfortunate thing with this line; if you have broad shoulders or a big chest, you're screwed since it does run small.

I went to another Target and bought a blouse...black with blue dots and a tie front. Very nice and again only $30.